Gastronomic essays, recipes and stories that reflect on the history of food and drink.
Each issue works around a theme and is supported by some of the best graphics we’ve seen in the wide world of magazines. Edited in the UK, printed in Berlin… so you can expect a more European point of view.
- ISSUE NO. 15: SALTY / From the fight over real feta to the life and times of MSG and the story of salt and empire in India, EATEN No. 15: Salty is keeping everything savoury for these autumn months.
- ISSUE NO. 14: PROCESSED / From the saga of sourdough in Jewish China to the enduring influence of junk food diplomacy and the turmoil of the oleo wars, EATEN No. 14: Processed has all the empty calories you need to get in the groove.
- ISSUE NO. 13: BREAKFAST / Breakfast is full of a veritable buffet of stories to help you start your day, from the evolution of a perfect hangover cure to the invention of the All-American breakfast to the udder-chaos of a milk promotional campaign gone wrong.
- ISSUE NO. 12: PARTY / Party features a collection of exciting and celebratory stories of the debauchery of olde, from the origins of champagne to fish served artistically in a shoe to history’s fabulous feline fetes and more!
- ISSUE NO. 10: GREENS / Greens features a smorgasbord of colourful and nourishing tales from culinary history, from the farmer-philosopher who believed in doing nothing to the world’s most infamous weed brownies and more!